Veterinary practices place huge demands on veterinarians – testing their clinical and professional skills on a daily basis. Dissatisfaction and stress, be it occasional or frequent, can make us all sometimes wonder why we became vets in the first place. Building resilience to deal with the inevitable challenges and pressures of practice may not seem to be a “teachable” skill – but it is!
The RVC CPD Unit is proud to introduce an online moderated four-week Webinar Plus course like no other: Building resilience to the challenges and pressures of practice, starting on Monday 5th June.
Through this course you will develop a better understanding of our profession, will take time to focus on why you wanted to be a vet in the first place, and enjoy discussing with peers the challenges faced in everyday practice. All of which will help to build support for the difficult days in practice, to mentor colleagues who may be facing similar issues and to regain a love for the profession we were all once so desperate to join.
- Getting the most out of being a veterinarian: How understanding our career identity can help us achieve career satisfaction
- Building resilience to challenging situations and outcomes that don’t end well
- Embracing conflict – how to feel positive with challenging interactions
- Practice culture: What is it and how do we make a good one?
And don’t just take our word for it – here is some feedback from previous participants:
- “This content is gold dust to a profession too long neglected in this aspect of its training.”
- “Please keep up this excellent work. We are a wonderful profession, and we need to keep all the excellent vets out there positive, supported and emotionally enabled to cope.”
- “This course was fantastic!”
- “This course changed the way I think.”
- “Many thanks for such an excellent resource; it’s not an exaggeration to say I’m going to work now with a renewed sense of purpose, optimism and hope in the profession.”
For more information on this course or to book visit our website: rvc.ac.uk/cpd or call the CPD Unit on +44 (0)1707 666865.