At TDDS we constantly strive for diagnostic innovation which is immediately applicable in veterinary practice. We are proud to announce that, following a successful project in 2016 by Dr Julie Vickers, we now offer additional immunocytochemistry staining on slides submitted for cytological interpretation. We are one of only a few Veterinary Laboratories in the world able to offer this service on previously stained slides.
- The implications of this innovation are:
- Cytology slides can be used for immunostaining without further sampling
- We have optimised immunostains for differentiating B- and T-cell lymphomas
- The technique is widely applicable and we have had promising results with markers for epithelial (cytokeratin), mesenchymal (vimentin), plasma cell (MUM-1) and melanocytic (Melan-A) origin.
- The enhanced diagnostic accuracy of these markers will optimise treatment & assist with prognosis.
For further information please contact Julie Vickers on 01392 217914